Master Data Integration Suite is a group of applications that provides companies with the ability to integrate their core data assets in a largely automated manner. Using these applications, organizations can perform the following tasks.
- Ceate transparency within the data environment
- Understand the quality of data, provide a path to improve the quality and accuracy of data and monitor data quality
- Reduce redundancy in data
- Identify what costs the organizations incur by having duplicate data
- Verify and validate the data against business rules
- Auto-generate semantic data maps for all business-critical data objects
- Integrate the data in the staging areas, to create data hubs
Integrating data is arguably the most difficult aspect of data management. Faced with extremely complex and dynamic data environments, Data Management Teams rarely have enough resources to create accurately map their data assets, prior to integration. Data integration projects that are initiated without accurate, comprehensive, up-to-date data maps are often prone to business risk, delay and failure.
Businesses these days are under immense pressure to be as nimble as possible. People need to detect situations quicker, correlate the data points more frequently and have access to deeper, as well as wider, analytics in order to make the best decision and thus take the best action in a short time frame.
Most of the companies that we have worked for have significant data disparity issues. Typical problems include
- Lack of knowledge of regarding reference data
- Low quality of the reference data
- Multiple copies of the reference data
- Lack of synchronization of reference data
- Absence of reference data stewards
The question is how to get better analytics out of the data warehouse and information environment. One way to ensure that the reference data is integrated is through master data management. Master data is the data of record and needs to be accessible to all applications in real time so front-line applications and ETL processes have up-to-the-minute reference data. All in all, the master record of the data should represent the truth. Because of the timeliness and low-latency need of the master data, it is critical that the data elements are stored once and reused.
Global IDs Master Data Integration Suite focusses on data integration. The objective is to provide and maintain a consistent view of an organization’s core business entities, which may involve data that is scattered across a range of application systems.
Project Managers often require the ability to :
|1||Create an inventory of all data and information assets||Yes|
|2||Profile and analyze data||Yes|
|3||Recognize all fields containing important business identifiers||Yes|
|4||Map together organization related semantic domains across the data landscape||Yes|
|5||Verify and validate business data||Yes|
|6||Ensure data compliance||Yes|
|7||Modeling and Visualizing Business Processes||Yes|
|8||Enrichment of data||Yes|
|9||Integration of Semantic Objects||Yes|
- It can accomplish the above tasks, with a minimum of manual involvement
- It can scale to extremely complex environments (enterprise or global levels)
- It can meet these requirements in systematic and repeatable ways